Ball valves for refrigerants
Overview – Construction – Installation – Catalogue
In most refrigeration applications it is necessary to stop the flow in liquid lines and compressor discharge lines while maintenance, e.g. to create a by-pass during a filter change.
IGLOO ball valves are manually- or servo- operated shut-off valves suitable for bi-directional flow, designed to be used in liquid, suction and hot gas lines in refrigeration, freezing and air conditioning systems. The optional access port can be integrated on the valve body and the one-piece wireble brass seal cap prevents unintentional cap removal or tampering between services. Panel mounting of IGLOO ball valves is possible thanks to two fixing holes on the bottom of the valves.
IGLOO ball valves are available w/ and w/o charging port. Both are made in a completely hermetic construction to prevent refrigerant leakage. It’s not possible to dissassembly IGLOO ball valves because the brass body is hermetically sealed by TIG welding.
For certain models, to further reduce the risk of external leakage the charging port can be obtained directly into the brass body of IGLOO ball valves.
100% tested: max leak 1 gram/year
IGLOO ball valves are tested one-by-one against leakage with helium up to 70bar (1,015psi) and during tests made in third party laboratories IGLOO ball valves resisted at the impressive pressure of 300bar (4,350psi)
IGLOO ball valves are 100% Helium leak tested according to European Standard EN 1779.B6 and burst tested in accordance to European Pressure Equipment Directive PED 97/23/EC
Reliability and lifetime
During lab tests, IGLOO ball valves broke over the impressive pressure of 300bar (4,350psi): the security factor adopted is more than 6X, among the highest in the industry
During endurance tests, IGLOO ball valves have been actuated for more than 50.000 cycles demostrating they reliability for a period exceeding the normal lifetime of commercial refrigerators
IGLOO ball valves are suitable for all the most common CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants; especially R22, R134a, R404, R410, R507 and Carbon Dioxide CO2 R744 (sub-critical). Not suitable for ammonia R717
- TIG welding assembly for an extreme sealing
- Clean capillary brazed copper extensions
- Teflon ® PTFE coated o-rings
- Double o-ring spindle
- Valve seat of special Teflon ® PTFE
- Access port available on all sizes
- Bi-directional flow
- Full port available on all sizes
- Internally equalized, balanced ports
- Burst-proof spindle internally mounted
- Threaded holes for panel mounting
- One-piece seal cap made of solid brass
- Wiring cap in compliance to European Safety Directive EN 378
- 1/4 turn from open to closed position, with rotation stop and position indicator
- Suitable for all CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants and Carbon Dioxide CO2 R744 (sub-critical). Not suitable for Ammonia (R717)
- sweat version have two copper swaged connection suitable for brazing using common alloys Cu-P (or Cu-Ag). In case of brazing with aluminum tubes we recommend the use of Zn-Al alloys: enquiry our technical dept for more information about
- the extra-long and extra-thick ODF swaged connection reduce the possibility of damaging internal elements
- by adopting an optimal forging with extremely high mechanical strength the overall design result is an impressive burst pressure of 300bar (4,350psi). One of the highest among the industry.